American Association of University Women advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining American Association of University Women you belong to a community that is dedicated to breaking through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance.
Our Branch is committed to bringing National AAUW’s mission, vision and values LOCAL.
- We provide two-scholarships for women attending Sierra College whose college education was interrupted.
- We work with area high schools to provide scholarships to senior students moving on to college.
- We provide a college experience for 8th grade students at UC Davis each summer by giving scholarships to attend a hands-on program in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
- We provide workshop leaders through our Sierra College Leadership Program. These leaders educate students to negotiate fair wages through Start Smart salary negotiation workshops – one key part of closing the gender pay gap.
- Speech Trek is a program for high school students to compete in a public speaking contest on a given topic. This requires research, comprehension and the ability to speak for 6 minutes. The local winner goes on the compete at the State-wide contest.
There are Interest Groups and Neighborhood Groups and Programs offered to expand your knowledge and enjoyment with like-minded members.
Membership in AAUW means you’re a part of a community dedicated to changing the climate for women and girls. Join us–you’ll be glad you did.