Greetings From Our President
Welcome to our website. We invite you to explore our website and to learn about our branch.
- Do you want to feel a larger connection with women in your community?
- Are you looking for a way to have more meaning in your days and week?
- Would you like to help girls and younger women with their efforts to succeed?
- Do you want to make new friends with women like yourself?
- Are you looking for a supportive environment to further develop your leadership skills?
Come join women like yourself who:
- Make friends and NETWORK!!
- Work together for equity for women and girls in our community
- Give precious time to raise funds for scholarships and grants and support community agencies and projects
- Support one another in many different ways
- Sponsor programs that stimulate the brain
- Have fun away from home and work
- Develop their leadership skills
AAUW MISSION: To promote equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research
For information about becoming a member of our branch, click on “Join” in the links.
Work with Friends to Support the Mission of the
American Association of University Women
AAUW advances EQUITY for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise:
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Since 1881 AAUW, the American Association of University Women, has been the nation’s leading voice promoting education and equity for women and girls. AAUW has a nationwide network of nearly 100,000 members, 1,000 branches, and 500 college/university institution partners.
For more than 127 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. The commitment to mission is reflected in all aspects of AAUW’s work:
- Public Policy Advocacy
- Community Programs
- Voter Education Campaign
- Leadership Development
- Conventions and Conferences
- Diversity Initiatives
- International Connections
- AAUW Issues
AAUW’s voice has long influenced legislative debate on critical social issues such as education, sex discrimination, civil rights, reproductive choice, affirmative action, Title IX, welfare reform, vocational education, pay equity, family and medical leave, and health care reform.
AAUW includes both a section 501(c)(3) public charity, the primary membership organization, and the AAUW Action Fund, a smaller section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization that may engage in limited activities related to member activism and voter education.
AAUW Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe. Each year AAUW provides millions of dollars in fellowships, grants, and awards for outstanding women around the globe and for community action projects. AAUW also funds pioneering research on women, girls, and education. For more information, visit the AAUW national website.
AAUW Leadership and Training Institute
Through Leadership and Training Institute (LTI) programs, women and girls acquire the skills they need to succeed and assume leadership roles in their academic, professional, and personal lives. Programs include Campus Action Projects, the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders in Washington, D.C., the Student Advisory Council, and Campaign College.
AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund
The AAUW Legal Advocacy Fund (LAF) works to combat sex discrimination in higher education and workplaces through campus outreach programs, an online resource library, and research reports. LAF also provides support to workplace sex discrimination cases that have the potential to make a difference for all women.